Welcome! Visiting hours are 8:00 am - 8:00 pm Monday to Sunday. Reception is open Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Please review our Visitor Policy before your visit Visitor Policy for LTC and RET.
For a map of our Home, please click here, and we hope you enjoy your time with us!
LTC 170 Metcalfe (3rd Floor): CLEAR
LTC 170 Metcalfe (2nd Floor): CLEAR
Ellington Retirement 168 Metcalfe: CLEAR
Nottingham Retirement 170 Metcalfe (4th Floor): CLEAR
Residents and families will be notified via email when an outbreak has been declared and when it has been deemed over by Public Health.
Typically, the following precautions are put in place to ensure the safety of our residents, families and staff:
- Only Essential Care Givers (ECGs) can visit during the outbreak. ECGs must wear their mask and face shields during their entire visit.
- Non-urgent appointments outside of the home will be put on hold. If the appointment is urgent, the resident can attend this appointment. The clinic/facility the resident will be going to must be informed that the home area is in Outbreak.
- Communal dining will continue however if, after contract tracing, the dining room is found to be the area of the transmission, communal dining will be reviewed.
- Residents who are well will not be isolated to their rooms.
- Salon services will be put on hold for the residents of the affected Home Area until the outbreak has been declared over.
- Recreational activities will continue but in smaller groups.
The following protocols are currently in place for our Home:
- Universal Masking has been re-implemented at The Elliott Community. All staff and volunteers are required to wear a mask to ensure the safety of the residents, staff and families.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to wear a mask, but this is not mandatory. If the home is experiencing outbreaks, all visitors will be asked to wear a mask.
- If you are going to be with the resident for prolonged periods, it is recommended (but not required) to continue wearing a medical mask.
- If you continue to choose to wear a medical mask, please know that The Elliott Community is a “Mask Friendly” environment, and your choice will be fully supported. If a resident requests that a staff member wear a mask, this request will be granted. Masks will continue to be made available at the entrances as well as on the home areas.
- Visitors are now able to enjoy snacks and meals with the residents. We continue to ask if you are bringing food into The Elliott Community, to only share it with the resident you are visiting with.
- Residents with COVID-19 will continue to remain in isolation and under additional precautions for 10 days. However, if the resident can be independent with their mask and consistently wears it, they can leave their room and participate in communal activities (this does not include communal dining) 5 days after their symptom onset or positive test. Their symptoms must be improving for 24 hours (48 hours if gastrointestinal symptoms). If the resident is unable to wear a mask, they must remain in their rooms for 10 days following symptom onset (or positive test) and until symptoms have been improving for 24 hours (48 hours if gastrointestinal symptoms). They can leave their room with a staff member who is masked in the immediate area that is not near other residents. Roommates and close contacts of COVID-19 positive residents should be placed on Additional Precautions and remain isolated for 5 days if they are asymptomatic. After 5 days, they can be removed from isolation.
- Visitors are asked not to visit for 10 days from their symptom onset/positive test of COVID and or at any time they are not well, i.e., flu, colds etc.
- Staff who are unwell will be able to return to work once they are no longer febrile and their symptoms have been improving for 24 hours (48 hours if gastrointestinal symptoms). Because staff will no longer be required to complete a PCR or RAT to determine if they are positive for COVID, they will be asked to wear an N95, face shield and distance themselves from others before they remove their mask for 10 days from their symptom onset.
- Staff are no longer required to physically distance themselves from one another when eating. The Staff Room will no longer have a maximum occupancy limit, and the Community Centre Auditoriums will no longer be used for staff breaks. Staff are welcome to enjoy the CC Atrium or Cheers Patio. If there is an outbreak, locations for staff breaks will be reviewed and determined.
- Please remember, if there is an outbreak or during Respiratory Illness Season, we may need to re-implement Universal Masking. This will be done on a case-by-case basis.
- Finally, please note all visitors must continue to sign in and out at all entrances.
Breathe Easy - We are a Smoke-Free Facility!
Thank you in advance for considering the health of our residents, staff, and families. All forms of tobacco-related products are prohibited in all buildings and on our property. This includes cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, snuff, cigarillos, water pipes, e-cigarettes, lighters, and matches. Breathe easy in our buildings, and enjoy the fresh air as you relax in our lovely garden areas at the back of our property.